NUKEMS (or NI-UKEMS) was established in 2017 and aims to actively represent New Investigators (NIs) within UKEMS and its linked societies. NIs are scientists with the equivalent of up to 4 years of post-doctoral experience, working/ studying in academia or industry.
The NUKEMS committee is made up of NIs from both industry and academia, and consists of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and currently, 6 ordinary members. Profiles coming soon…
NUKEMS runs the ‘Sunday Session’ at UKEMS, traditionally held as an educational session prior to the main annual conference. Past sessions have included:
- Poster pitches/ talks with peer voting and prizes
- Senior UKEMS scientist panel discussions on what makes a good interview candidate
- Mock job interviews with audience participation
- Personal career progression talks by senior UKEMS scientists
- Socialising with other NIs
2020 has presented us with a unique set of circumstances, so we will be delivering some of our usual session content online – look out for it on our social media! Our committee is here to support UKEMS NIs, so please get in touch with any ideas of what you would look to see from us.
Remember to become a UKEMS member and follow our social media for updates!
Follow us on twitter: NIUKEMS